BajiRao Mastani Review: Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Emotional Epic Love Drama
Directed by: Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Produced by: Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Starring: Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Mahesh Manjrekar and others
Music by: Sanchit Balhara
Songs: Sanjay Leela Bhansali (with assistance by Shreyas Puranik)
Cinematography: Sudeep Chatterjee
Edited by: Rajesh G. Pandey
Production company: SLB Films
Distributed by: Eros International
The plot is about BajiRao (Ranveer) who appointed as Peshwa by Chatrapathi(Manjrekar).While he is conquering whole Hindustan and seeking his help Mastani ( Deepika) comes forward to help her kingdom.In this sequence love blossoms between them. Although he’s married to Kashi Bhai (Priyanka) what are the consequences they faced in their Love is the rest of story.
- Budding actor Ranveer as Rao was Promising.
- Deepika performance as Mastani was dormant.
- Priyanka role as Kashi was embryonic.
- The man himself has a vision Sanjay Leela Bhansali whose direction and music was within realm of possibility.
- Art direction, Production Values and costumes were abeyant.
- Cinematography by sudeep was beautiful.
- Prakash and Mallika screenplay-Dialogues were terrific.
- BGM by sanchit is hugely beneficial for film flow.
- Periodic film so expecting entertainment is helpless.
- Second half slow
- Editing was moderate because film could have been completed before 20 minutes itself.
Every single scene in this movie will have you Love in tears at the ridiculousness of the culture people have created in regards to religion. The plot is a little bit more complex but I don’t want to give away too much. When I saw the trailers of Bajirao Mastani I thought that it was going to be a emotion less love story which wanted to exploit the controversy of the Hindu-Muslim conflict in order to attract attention.But this film emotionally touched my heart by the taking on Sanjay and stealed my heart with their outstanding performances Ranveer,Deepika and Priyanka.
I suspect I might review how highly I think of this film at a later date. Did it seem less emotional than it could have because of the subject? because I was happy with what it was trying to do? I know I will feel emotional upon remembering some scenes and ideas. It should be watched.
CB Rating: 4/5
Reviewed by: Vinay…..
Related terms: Bajirao Mastani Songs Download