Brahmotsavam Review: Interestingly started but gone meandering and inconsequential
Directed by Srikanth Addala
Produced by Prasad V. Potluri, Mahesh Babu
Written by Srikanth Addala
Starring Mahesh Babu, Kajal Aggarwal, Samantha Ruth Prabhu, Pranitha Subhash and other
Music by Mickey J. Meyer, Mani Sharma (Background Music)
Cinematography R. Rathnavelu
Edited by Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao
Production company: PVP cinema, G. Mahesh Babu Entertainment Pvt. Ltd
The plot is about Sathyaraj(No Name) where he’s a good human being wants to have everyone around him and thinks it’s as a festival.His son Mahesh(No Name) is same follows his foot steps.Rao Ramesh can’t see their greatness and separate from them. How this handled by Mahesh and in this journey what are the consequences he faced is the rest of the story.
- Mahesh Baby’s marvelous performance and his look was impressive.
- Kajal on screen presentation as Kasi in this film is monumental.
- Samantha did OK and Rao Ramesh as the main illustrious Performer.
- Ratnavelu cinematography was regal.
- Dialogues were fab especially when mahesh speak to her sister in Skype and Rao Ramesh pre interval scene by Srikanth Addala.
- Production values were rich by PVP.
- BGM,Music and Art direction were specifically spectacular.
- Idea of story was ambitious but it failed miserably in executing.
- Screenplay was unimpressive it is not at all interesting.
- The conversation between hero & heroines were fully poetical could able to understand.
- Climax is unconnected, finding out seven generations is uninteresting and editing is poor.
Let me just say straight away that the cast of this movie contains ALL of my favorite actors. I thought I was going to be in for a treat, maybe my expectations ruined my conclusions.
The biggest problem with this film is that it is portrayed as dramatic and yet there just seem to be so many holes in the plot that the overall impact is reduced, almost to the point of being farcical. I won’t give anything away but I didn’t believed that Srikanth Addala screenplay was THAT stupid, I watched his ‘Seethamma Vaniki Siri Malle chettu’ n times which I thought was excellent due to it’s balanced perspective.
Anyways, all im saying, is that this could of been wayyyy better.Mahesh selected good concept but , i couldn’t get into it until after about 65 minutes, when it started getting a little more interesting and again totally upside down, back and forth worthless, boring, confusing, not to mention, pathetic!
By the time the final scene began I found myself struggling to stay awake because the ‘drama’ had become so Tepid and predictable.
Very very average.
CB Review: 2.75/5
Reviewed By: Vinay…….