A very detailed analysis on how baahubali part 2 will look and how it will create a history in 2016.Post is from a quora author Chetan Sameer.He explained very neatly with excellent understanding by using every details released from baahubali team for 3 years.
He writes regularly about many things on quora ,you can visit His profile on http://www.quora.com/Chetan-Sameer-1
- Never before in Indian cinema has a sequel been more awaited than that of Baahubali. There are more than 100 theories running all over social networking sites, so my prediction wouldn’t be any special, hence I thought I will get into the facts instead of giving a vague theory.
- Since 2013 Baahuabli team has been releasing lots of promotional videos which can be found on their official Youtube channel. If you could do the shot by shot analysis of every video you will find many interesting things about Part-2 of the film, since the making videos have bits from the Conclusion part. For those who are unaware, 40% of the shoot for the second part has been completed along with Baahubaali:thebeginning.
- Though these inputs are from the available videos, you wouldn’t notice them unless you examine each and every frame. I got the compilation and was amazed!!
- Anushka Shetty(Devasena)
If you watched Baahubali in the 2nd week, towards the end of the film, after the end credits rolled out, Anushka’s look in Part-2 was revealed. For those who haven’t seen it yet, here it is:
- Anushka looks like a warrior queen, however her attire was plain in the above picture. But another making video clearly showcased her lavishness and she could surely play that beauty with brains character for the second part.
Below you can see the sketches of her princely avatar.
- Brace for it, Anushka will have an action oriented intro for the second part. In the opening scene she will be seen fighting with Rana Daggubati in a hand to hand combat with swords, or atleast that’s what SS Rajamouli says through this picture,
[At first i couldn’t make out the last word he has written, but finally cracked it, the board says, “Scene no.54, Anushka Intro through curtain” and the heading says sword training with seperate columns to Rana and devasena]
- This .gif image could possibly be her intro through Curtain, her eye’s are first seen as a sword slices through a curtain.Quite popular camera angle for a solid intro.
- In another video, Rana is seen training in sword fight with a trainer. That essentially could mean that the trainer was showing Anushka on how to perform. In the next shot Anushka was seen in the background.
- Further i found a sketch of a Grand lounge/bedroom, which could possibly belong to Anushka Shetty(Devasena), The sketch itself is so appealing, couldn’t imagine how grand it would look on screen.
- Bhallaladeva(Rana) Overthrones Baahubali(Prabhas)
The king’ s throne which was left untouched can be seen in the centre between those two giant statues.
As there is a popular belief that Rana Daggubati could have become the King dethroning Baahubali, the following picture confirms it.
[Clearly you can see Rana occupying the king’s throne, Baahubali is going through some kind of rage , getting ready to duel with someone. Bijjaladeva(Rana’s dad) is seated to the extreme right, but looks calm and composed. Lots of drama in there, definitely the plot will not be as simple as people imagined it to be.]
More evidence of Drama
[Rana in the center, Sivagami to his right and a fallen warrior near the basement,, who is it??]
New kingdoms, Epic Battle scenes : Return Of kalakeya’s
When I first saw this pic I thought, KK means Kunthala kingdom(the hidden tribe of Tamanna), Mk-Maahishmati Kingdom. However the next picture proved me wrong since Kk-Kalakeya.(can be seen beside Firefly logo in the below picture)
- However, I can surely say that this isn’t from the 1st part. You could argue with me, but look at the battle formations, the kalakeyas are having some heavy white coloured machines and if you zoom in, there are horses on the other side too!!!. Have a look this image:
[Surprisingly, on the right wing of Maahishmai army there are horses in the front lines, but what are those yellow objects behind them.(dont they look like camels??). This indeed confirms that Kalakeyas came back with another massive army(this time fully equipped) and Maahishmati devised a new plan!!!.]
- Another interesting battle formation, however this looks like an extended version of the “V” formation made in the 1st part by Katappa. It’s enclosed on all sides with the centre holding some important person. (looks like the replica of combination of Padma and Trishul vyuha deployed in Mahabharata to protect Jayadratha from Arjuna).
(The inner formation might hold archers who would shoot at enemies while the outer part acts as a barrier. The Epicentre of the formation must be holding someone important, who could it be??. Also the formation looks like the enemy is attacking from all corners.)
- This sketch shows another imaginary kingdom which is completely different from Maahishmati. It’s highly likely that it could be the adjacent Kunthala kingdom.
- Another Epic and powerful throne. The ruler seated on the throne looks ruthless, as a prisoner is seen kneeling down on ground.Horse is the symbol of Maahishmati. Could it be Vikramadeva(Father of Baahubali)?
- Amazing palace Darbar, Princess Anushka is clad in Green saree with Katappa to her left and Rana(could be) to her right.Once again, lot more drama!!!
Other Honourable Mentions:
Katappa’s renewed look(turban)
Unknown Gory Location
- Ashanti Omkar of BBC Radio interviewed Rana over phone. She congratulated him for the epic film and asked his take on second part.Rana replied that he cannot reveal anything as of now but could promise that,Baahubali:the conclusion will make the 1part look small. Ashanti was stumped, so did I.
- The part2 of the film is where the actual story would unravel, and SS Rajamouli wouldn’t have made such a huge project around a routine story or on similar lines to theories emerging online. The sequel is sure to engage you like the first part but also ensures that it would reach everyone’s expectations. Let’s hope for the best.
- I saved my best find in the making videos to last, this image left me wanting for more. How epic is this spectacle??.