It seems like Rajamouli is heavily influenced by Mahabharata .The scene Prabhas shoots three arrows has similarities to an actual weapon of Barbarik who is a grandson of Bhima.
It’s really a visual epic although it has some drawbacks
- The story is better compared to the first part. In bahubali the beginning, the war scene is on par with hollywood movies while in conclusion the war scenes are not that much great.
- The characters’ journey are really fasinating and not even a single character is wasted in terms of acting. It seems most of the characters are inspired by Indian epics like Mahabharata, Ramayana and Amar chitra gatha
- Amarendra baahubali‘s character is the soul of the movie. His character is like larger than life on level of great kings. The character is inspired from Pandavas of Mahabharata
Amarendra bahubali is
follower of Dharma same like Dharmaraja and in the scene with confrontation with Sivagami shows this
2. Similar like Bheema, he has enomorous strenghth like name itself is baahubali(one who is having strong shoulders )
The first entrance scene with elephants, fighting in kuntala desha, great strength in war scenes shows this
3.Like Arjun, he is a master archer and a charmer with women and the love story shows this
4.Same like Nakula, he is a master in diplomacy, engineering and using variety of weapons
5. Same like Sahadeva, he is well read from childhood and having a great talent using and controlling animals.
Totally we can tell easily that Baahubali character itself is inspired by Lord Rama like listening to elders, dharma as priority and as a great people king
- Prabhas in serious scenes exceed in his acting and one of the best portrayel of kings. He is good in romance and humor too.
Kattappa is like
1. Writer Vijayendra Prasad himself said that it is inspired by Bhishma’s character. Just like Bhisma, Kattappa is bachelor, very loyal to the throne. Even when king is wrong he wil obey with king only
Kattappa humor in first half is really a great approach because the main plot is why kattappa killed baahubali so the fastest way to do that is by establishing humor between the main characters.
- The scene and episode of wkkb has been really done brilliantly although the reason is just ok but the direction, acting and emotions are top notch.
Bijjaladeva is like
1. Dhritarshtra – same he is also handicapped and his throne is given to his brother. This is the reason only he wanted his son to be the king.
2. Manthara from Ramayana –, who accompanied Kaikeyi to as a trusted maid upon her marriage to Dasharatha. The older woman schemed constantly to further her own position at the Court. And since her position depended on Kaikeyi’s status at Court, Manthara lost no opportunity to feed young Kaikeyi’s insecurity and jealousy of Kausalya and her sons
Same like Manthara, he constantly manipulated Sivagami and created some kind of hatred towards Baahubali
Shivgami is like
1. Kaikayi – she used to treat Rama as her own son and infact Rama is having more affection to Kaikayi than his own mother. He got exiled because Kaikayi feared that her sonwill never be a king.
same baahubali is exiled from his kingdom as a king and Bhallaladeva became a king . Those entire episodes we can see the Shivagami’s contradicting struggle with herself same like Kaikayi between Bharata and Rama . It all happened because Kaikayi listened to Manthara the same way Shivagami listend to Bijjaladeva
Devasena is like
1.Sita – is playful in her youth in her kingdom, independent and treats her husband as god and after swayamvara she went to Rama ayodhya’s kingdom and her life is full of struggles after that
In baahubali – devasena is happy in her own kingdom till she left with baahubali. There is a shot of elephant when the boat entering kingdom – the camera shows from low angle and we can see water is falling from elephants eyes like tears and devasena starring at that signifying her life follows struggle.
Even the Mahabharata conflict started when Draupadi laughted at Duryodana and for that Draupadi mistreated in court, similar scenes are there in bahubali for main conflict
Bhalladeva is like
Dhuryodhana – A egoist, completely jealous over her half brothers Pandavas , want to be a king at any cost
Mahendra baahubali is like
krishna when he is a baby vasudeva put him into foster parents home by crossing a river and Krishna raised as one of them by playing until his destiny calls him to kill cruel uncle kamsa to free his parents
Although he is not as trickster as Krishna but the plot of killing cruel uncle is similar
movie is must watch for its Great characterizations, great cinematography and sound mixing is awesome . Every song is nice to hear and visually so grand . Screenplay is also very good with constant suspense