Kabali Review: Nice to see Rajani but contender for bad films in this year
Directed by Pa. Ranjith
Produced by Kalaipuli S. Thanu
Written by Pa. Ranjith
Starring Rajinikanth, Winston Chao, Radhika Apte
Music by Santhosh Narayanan
Cinematography G. Murali
Edited by Praveen K.L  Production company V Creations
Plot: The plot is about an old don Kabali(Rajani) comes again into business in Malaysia.His enemies tries to kill his family and his gang.How he confronted them and gain his power again is the rest of story.
- Rajani never stops his refinance in his performance and his style in every aspect elegance.
- Radhika and Dhansika given dignity to their roles.
- Music, BGM,Cinematography, Art direction and costumes were agile.
- Production values of V creations were top notch.
- Ranjith direction is decent.
- Story and screenplay sucks big-time.
- Slow, Intense emotional, Bored 2nd half.
- Villains were not a apt for their roles and moderate editing.
This is not neither Rajani film nor Ranjith film it’s more of a dark.I was expecting much more from this movie. Yes the movie is action packed, but very much over done. Certainly not a quality movie by any means, with a weak story line. Technically brilliant in all departments and in light of the over the top and often excessive violence and killings, I must say Rajani Kanth’ performance is the only highlight of the film. Overall however, a very weak story with unnecessary and excessive violence, and a climax that is more suited for a PlayStation game.
CB Rating: 2/5
Reviewed By: Vinay….:)