- Prop is nothing but an object used with respect to story in films like gun,sunglasses,chairs etc.
- You can say non living actors in a movie are props .
- putting objects randomly in a scene is bad directing
- A director should analyse why a particular prop is used,in what camera angle it should be in ,is prop is directly related to the character or environment
- For an example In some movie characters will have a favorite car which will be in movie most of the time and it is independent on environment
- If a bar scene is there then bottles are used as props and it is relative to the environment
- So props are highly useful devices which will carry forward the story
below video here